Monday, June 20, 2016

Time Out with Billy Hamilton (2004 Calistoga High graduate)

Vince D’Adamo: What did you enjoy most about competing in athletics throughout your life?

Billy Hamilton: I loved being able to travel to new places, meeting new people, and experiencing new challenges. Getting a chance to play baseball in Puerto Rico was an experience that I will never forget.
D’Adamo: What have you been doing since graduating from high school?

Hamilton: After high school, I got to play with the Santa Rosa JC and win a state championship, then after an injury ended all of that I started working and playing hockey to fill that void from not being able to play baseball.
D’Adamo: What was your favorite class at Calistoga High?

Hamilton: I don't really think any of us jocks had a favorite class in high school, I would say PE. It was always the favorite cause we got a period to do what we love to do, be outside doing some kind of activity.
D’Adamo: What was your favorite athletic moment at Calistoga High?

Hamilton: I would say that my favorite moment would be throwing a no hitter against St. Vincent my senior year to finally beat them in who knows how long.
D’Adamo: Between football and baseball, there were a lot of memories as a Wildcat. How much does your relationship with teammates and coaches still resonate to this day?

Hamilton: Unfortunately all of us had to grow up and go our separate ways but if I were to see any of them I'm sure it would be like no time has passed and we would all be just as close as we were back in high school.

D’Adamo: How much do you feel you have grown personally since graduating from high school and how much of that do you trace to athletics?

Hamilton: I feel being a part of a team makes a big impact on your life, it teaches you to work with people and being a quarterback and trying to lead your team the best way you can is just a learning experience to being a leader at work and managing.

D’Adamo: Within your family, who have been the most influential people?

Hamilton: My entire family has always been amazing. My sister was an amazing pitcher for the softball team and thought of that as a challenge to push myself to be that good when I got into high school. My dad was always there to coach me and push me to be the best I could possibly be and my mom was always at my games to support me.

D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports you would most like to meet.

Hamilton: Nolan Ryan has always been my idol and I would love to sit down and ask him question after question about his baseball career.

No comments:

Post a Comment