Saturday, April 15, 2017

Time Out with Adriana Montuya: 2017 American Canyon High senior

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Adriana Montuya: Athletics have opened up a huge door in my life because softball has not only taught me many life lessons like patience, communication skills, and how to work hard, but also it has connected me with people I would have never had the opportunity to get to know if I was not playing a sport.
D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?
Montuya: My plans after high school are to go to CSU Fullerton in Southern California, continue my education, and try to walk on as a freshman for their softball team.
D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?
Montuya: I applied to Fullerton as undeclared, but once I complete my general education classes I hope to go into their athletic training program. I really like the idea of being able to help athletes perform to the best of their abilities.
D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at American Canyon High?
Montuya: My favorite class at American Canyon High has been sports med because not only do we learn about the human anatomy, but we also learn about different injuries athletes get and how to treat them properly.
D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?
Montuya: I think that each of my family members have influenced me in a significant way but because I spend most of my time with my sister, Katherine, I would have to say her. She has taught me so many lessons through her mistakes and achievements, and even though she is younger than me I truly believe she has much more life experience because she's so outgoing and constantly putting herself out there. She has such a good work ethic and has always pushed me to do my best.
D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet. What would intrigue you about meeting him or her?
Montuya: I would like to meet Katherine Johnson. She was an African American mathematician and physicist for NASA in the late 1960s. She contributed to the development of computers and helped land the first two men on the moon. She was an extremely intelligent women who, regardless of being discriminated for her gender and race, was still able to accomplish things that were thought to be impossible. I would like to meet her, learn more about her achievements, and what kept her going through life despite all the people who were against her.

No comments:

Post a Comment