Monday, February 16, 2015

Time Out with Matt Tindall (1999 Justin-Siena High graduate)

Vince D’Adamo: What did you enjoy most about competing in athletics throughout your life?

Matt Tindall: The team aspect of athletics is what I enjoyed the most and pushing myself to the limit to get better each day.

D’Adamo: What have you been doing since graduating from high school?

Tindall: Since high school, I went on to play two years at Stanislaus State University. My second year in I got nerve damage in my elbow, had to hang them up. I now work as a senior technician for heating and air company, and enjoy my weekends on the golf course.

D’Adamo: What was your favorite class at Justin-Siena High?

Tindall:  My favorite class at Justin-Siena was history, I loved to learn about this world came to.

D’Adamo: What was your favorite athletic moment at Justin-Siena High?

Tindall: My favorite athletic moment, league championship game, bottom of the 7th, I'm leading off that inning, I step out of the box and walk over to (Braves head coach Allen) Rossi, with a big smile on my face, I say ‘relax, we got this.’ I double down the line, then (Kirk) Sprieter knocks me in, game over. The place erupted, good times.

D’Adamo: How much do you feel you have grown personally since graduating from high school and how much of that do you trace to athletics?

Tindall: 100% of my success is from athletics, the passion and drive I get toward life was from playing team sports my whole life.

D’Adamo: Within your family, who have been the most influential people?

Tindall: The most influential people in my life are my mom and dad, they never missed a game, and taught me how to become a great man. They also taught me patience and courage, and to look adversity in the eye and grow from it.

D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports you would most like to meet.

Tindall: Mickey Mantle. The man, the myth, the legend.

No comments:

Post a Comment