Saturday, July 18, 2015

Time Out with Carla Fish (1989 Napa High graduate)


Vince D’Adamo: What did you enjoy most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
 
Carla Fish: It was always a team effort. I love working as a team and I have incorporated that philosophy in my career in law enforcement.

D’Adamo: What have you been doing since graduating from high school?

Fish: Since graduating from high school I have had multiple jobs, a firefighter, police officer, correctional officer, correctional sergeant, parole agent, and Sergeant at the corrections Academy as an instructor.

D’Adamo: What was your favorite class at Napa High?

Fish: My favorite class at Napa high had to be math because of my teacher/softball coach Les Franco.

D’Adamo: What was your favorite athletic moment at Napa High?

Fish: I had many favorite moments and those were when my parents showed up to my games (which was always).

D’Adamo: How much do you feel you have grown personally since graduating from high school and how much of that do you trace to athletics?

Fish: I have grown very much, and have learned to be a kind person. I love to teach and coach. I have always worked as a team or with my partners and sports had a lot to do with it.

D’Adamo: Within your family, who have been the most influential people?
Fish: My parents have been the most influential. Sad to say though I lost my father last November to cancer. He was my biggest fan. I miss him very much.

D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports you would most like to meet.
Fish: Derek Jeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment