Sunday, July 26, 2015

Time Out with Rob Lucchetti (1991 Justin-Siena High graduate)

Vince D’Adamo: What did you enjoy most about competing in athletics throughout your life?


Rob Lucchetti: The competition. It always left me wanting more.  


D’Adamo: What have you been doing since graduating from high school?


Lucchetti: I received my BA from San Francisco State University in business and then spent 10 years living and working in San Francisco.  While in San Francisco, I married my wife who has stuck by me for 17 years.  Our first daughter was 2 1/2 when we decided to move back to my home town of Sonoma, where we have lived now for 10 years.   While in Sonoma we had our second daughter.  Living and raising a family in Sonoma has been wonderful.  I spend a majority of my time working for a startup company, coaching basketball, and working on our family farm growing olive trees.  I still make it a point to keep in touch with my high school buddies.  Just recently I had the chance to play a little golf with Bill Keller and Jason Cole. Good times.
 
D’Adamo: What was your favorite class at Justin-Siena High?


Lucchetti: English class with Bob Morrish.  I had the privilege of traveling with Bob to Hong Kong and China where we developed a good relationship outside of the classroom.


D’Adamo: What was your favorite athletic moment at Justin-Siena High?


Lucchetti: My favorite athletic moment at Justin was playing Sonoma High School in pre-season basketball.  A majority of the players on the Sonoma team were friends and team mates I had had since I started playing basketball in 3rd grade.  


D’Adamo: How much do you feel you have grown personally since graduating from high school and how much of that do you trace to athletics?


Lucchetti: It all started with my parents who gave me a solid foundation as a child growing up.  That foundation has paved the way for me today and has given me the opportunity to do the same for my family.  Athletics taught me hard work, dedication, commitment, and perseverance.  I take those traits I learned from athletics and apply them to my work today.
D’Adamo: Within your family, who have been the most influential people?      


Lucchetti: My wife.  Smart answer right?  My wife has given me balance in my life.
D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports you would most like to meet.
Lucchetti: I would not say this person is a historical figure but I would like to meet Shaquille O’Neill.

No comments:

Post a Comment