Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Time out with Matt Jones: 2013 American Canyon High graduate

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Matt Jones: The best part about competing in athletics through my lifetime are learning how to make strategic moves, traveling and meeting an abundance of new people.
D’Adamo: What have you been up to since graduating from high school?
Jones: After graduating high school, I attended school for a short amount of time until I found my current passion of construction. Currently I am working in Napa building custom homes and wineries. I spend time with friends and family in my spare time. Lately I have found another passion in cooking.  
D’Adamo: What was your favorite class here at American Canyon High?
Jones: My favorite class subject at American Canyon High was Science but my favorite class would have to be Biology.
D’Adamo: What was it like being part of history at American Canyon High as the school opened?
Jones: It felt amazing being apart of American Canyon High School’s history. Being apart of the American Canyon High School's football team and captain of the golf team was very rewarding.
D’Adamo: How much do you feel you have grown personally since high school and how much of that growth do you trace to athletics?
Jones: Honestly I feel that I have grown a lot since high school. I have more responsibilities and learned how to transition from being a teenager to an adult quickly. This traces right back to athletics. Having to be responsible for a team and being apart of a team made me learn about responsibility, leadership and partnership. With my growth as an adult and as a full-time worker.
D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?
Jones: My cousins, my aunts, and of course my parents have been the most influential people in my life. Each and everyone of them have showed me a new skill and have taught me new life lessons.
D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet.

I would want to meet Jordan Spieth because he was one of the youngest golfers to win the Masters. I would love to play golf with him one day. Maybe he could teach me some new golf tips. I would be thrilled if i got the chance to meet him.

No comments:

Post a Comment