Sunday, April 17, 2016

Time Out with Noah Vulk (2016 Napa High senior)



Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Noah Vulk: What I’ve enjoyed most about athletics throughout my life is the special bond that is shared between my teammates and I. There is no way to explain this bond other than family. My teammates are my brothers.
D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?
Vulk: After high school, I plan to attend a community college to complete my general ed classes and play baseball.  


D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?


Vulk: I’ve thought about this a lot lately and I have chosen to study kinesiology. I want to go in this direction to eventually become a physical therapist. I was first introduced to physical therapy when I injured myself when I was 12 years old. I was really interested in what my therapist was doing to help me and I could see how much effort he was giving just to get me healthy. I really enjoy helping people, and sports so this is the best of both worlds for me.


D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at Napa High?
Vulk: My favorite class here at Napa High is Precision Machine Technology. I had no idea what to expect when I showed up on the first day but I instantly fell in love with the program. The school has provided amazing machinery and utilities to start an early career path in designing and machining with basic materials.


D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?


Vulk: The most influential people in my family have been my mom and dad. Without them I would have never been where I am today. My parents put me and my baseball career as a priority in their life and have revolved around it for several years now. Even when times got tough, my parents made sure that it wouldn’t effect me in anyway. I’m very grateful for them and what they’ve done for me.


D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet.


Vulk: If I had the chance to meet anybody, without a doubt I would chose Derek Jeter. I have enormous amounts of respect for this man and what he has done in his career.

No comments:

Post a Comment