Friday, May 13, 2016

Time Out with Trevor Boldway: 2013 American Canyon High graduate

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Trevor Boldway: I enjoyed the sense of unity and being apart of a family that being in sports brought to me, knowing I had brothers to help me or have my back was a great experience, and the sense of responsibility that came with it.
D’Adamo: What have you been up to since graduating from high school?
Boldway: A serious foot injury the beginning of 2012 season ended my hopes of continuing in football at college so I decided to go to work instead.  I have had a couple of full time jobs working in the wine bottling industry.
D’Adamo: What was your favorite class here at American Canyon High?
Boldway: Honestly my favorite classes were Weight Training and Aquatics because  I enjoyed the physicality of both.
D’Adamo: What was it like being part of history at American Canyon High as the school opened?
Boldway: It was exciting.  I didn't like Vintage very much but I did like playing football there.  Starting a brand new school we were considered the upperclassmen from the beginning.  We basically had a whole campus to ourselves and were able to set the traditions for the next set of incoming students.
D’Adamo: How much do you feel you have grown personally since high school and how much of that growth do you trace to athletics?
Boldway: I feel I have grown a lot by way of accepting personal responsibility for my actions and most, if not all of it had to do with participating in sports.  Especially with Ian MacMillan as my football coach.
D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?
Boldway: My mother is the most influential person in my family, she has and always will support us no matter what.  She is a single mother who puts her kids before everything and everyone.  She is loving, honest, tells you like is it and has taught us tolerance.  Without her I don't think I would have made it through high school.
D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet.

Boldway: I think that would be Marcus Allen of the Oakland Raiders.  I grew up in a Raider household and he was one of my Papa's favorite running backs.  I grew up listening to him compare other running backs to Marcus Allen.

No comments:

Post a Comment