Saturday, August 6, 2016

Time Out with Jerod Kansanback: 2014 American Canyon High graduate

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Jerod Kansanback: Athletics has always been a huge part of my life. No matter what sport it was I just loved to compete. I dedicated most of my time to football as I loved all the different aspects of the game. I enjoyed playing High school football most with all the different people and memories I made over the years. Overall, competing in sports ingrained many life lesson and skills that I still use today to be successful.

D’Adamo: What have you been up to since graduating from high school?

Kansanback: After I graduated from high school, I still hadn't decided if I wanted to go to college even after applying and being accepted to many. I ended up enlisting in the Marine corps and working for the city of American canyon for about 6 months before I shipped to boot camp. I am currently deployed to Australia and plan to finish my degree while I'm in the Marine Corps.

D’Adamo: What was your favorite class here at American Canyon High?

Kansanback: Humanities class with Elizabeth Goff. I had her as teacher ever since 7th grade and she is definitely one of the best teachers I’ve been taught by. It's not just about grades with her and she actually takes pride in job and cares for her students. Anybody that has her at American Canyon High School is lucky.

D’Adamo: What was it like being part of history at American Canyon High as the school opened?  
Kansanback: It's pretty unique being able to be part of the opening classes in a brand new school. You're given the opportunity to mold the school and traditions how you want to and  create a legacy for each class after you. I know I take pride in all the hard work the football program put in to put American Canyon on the map for a city known for its dominance in football.

D’Adamo: How much do you feel you have grown personally since high school and how much of that growth do you trace to athletics?

Kansanback: I've definitely grown a lot since graduating high school. Everything I was taught in the football program from working hard to unselfishness I brought with me to the Marine Corps and it made for an easy transition. Head coaches Larry Singer and Ian MacMillan played an important role always challenging me to become better even when I thought it wasn't possible. Everybody that I played with and was coached by during those four years of High school gave me something to take with me into life and grow from.

D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?
 
Kansanback: Without a doubt my parents. I can go to them for advice about anything. No matter what they always supported my goals and what I wanted to do. Whether it be my mom coordinate parent volunteers so we could eat team dinners or my dad driving countless miles to watch us take on an opponent somewhere we never heard of. I wouldn't be as successful as I am today without their hard work and wisdom, and I can only hope to be a parent like them to my children.

D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet.

Kansanback: I would most like to meet Ray Lewis because he was an inspiration to me playing football as a linebacker and he's a very knowledgeable man.

No comments:

Post a Comment