Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Time Out with Ethan Castillo -- 2018 Calistoga High senior

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Ethan Castillo: What I have enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout my life is that it made me more determined and competitive in everything I do.
D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?
Castillo: My plans after high school are to go to a college of my choice then move out to a bigger city either Los Angeles or New York.
D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?
Castillo: I am leaning towards business. What intrigues me about going that direction is that I want to be my own boss and working on my dream not building someone else's dream.
D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at Calistoga High?
Castillo: My favorite class at Calistoga High has to be Mr. Guttman's English class because he challenges me to work harder and he lets us expand on what we would like to learn throughout the year.
D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?
Castillo: The most influential people within my family have to be my parents and my older sister because my parents always have my back and even though they take care of me and my sisters and also are paying bills they always manage to get their work done and still have time to relax and spend time with us. My sister is influential to me because she worked hard in high school and is now studying her major in college and even though she had struggles to make it there she didn't give up.
D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet. What would intrigue you about meeting him or her?
Castillo: A historical figure that I would like to meet is Michael Jordan not just because of his success but because of his backstory he was just an average kid who didn't make his high school basketball team his sophomore year but that didn't stop him from going after his dreams next thing you know he's one of the greatest players of all time and has a shoe brand that to this day people of all ages are still wearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment