Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Lucas Tresidder (2015 Maria Carillo High graduate)

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Lucas Tresidder: The things I most enjoyed while playing sports during my life was the competition and competing with friends and teammates that will always have your back on and off the field. The bond between the teammates is one of the most important things in a team. How they push you harder and harder to become better in the sport. For football, during spring practice you start to figure out your team and how they play. You may have a grudge on some of them, but the work they all put in through spring to winter. You leave your last game as brothers, as a family and that's what made me keep playing football. It's not just football that has the same concept but other sports do the same. That's what makes me come out next year and play the sport again.

D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?

Tresidder: My plans after high school is to attend Santa Rosa Junior College and throw shot put, discus and hammer for sure. For football, I haven't decided on whether I will redshirt, or come out and play next year and be a full time player and then do throwing in the spring. I want to take a year off of football so I can get my college classes and work all figured out and set. Right now I am working at Home Plate cafe in the mornings, and then working downtown at Barolo restaurant as a dishwasher and prepper. I plan on continuing working at Barolo while in school and then leaving Home Plate and focus on what I want to do in the kitchen.

D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?
Tresidder: My major that I will be learning at the SRJC is culinary arts, and also philosophy. My reasons for culinary arts is that I love to cook, I love to try new plates, but mostly I would like to BBQ and try different things on the grill. In the future I would like to own my own BBQ shack that's out of the ordinary. My reasons for studying in philosophy is that when I learn about some one briefly, but gets my attention and makes me interested about what they did, I want to go and learn about that person from the day they were born until they died. I want to know what they did in their life, how they made an impact on the world, and why they were known and why they were big.

D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at Maria Carrillo High?
Tresidder: My favorite class at Carrillo is my culinary class. It's not just because we cook food and eat it, they teacher is like another mother to me. She doesn’t really have that normal teacher vibe. She teaches her class like its her kids. She loves and cares for each one of them cause she wants them to do the best they can at what they love. But when something goes bad, she won't yell at them, she will just help and teach them what they did wrong and tell them it's ok and try again.

D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?

Tresidder: They one family member that influences me is my brother Tyler Carr. When he was in high school at Cardinal Newman, graduated in 2006 I believe. He was on the football team all of his 4 years. And he junior and senior year, he was on the team when they went to state and played against Oaks Christian, when Jimmy Clausen was quarterback, now playing for the Carolina Panthers. And then the next year he played in the semifinals in the Oakland Coliseum. That game I was the official water boy and was able to go on the field, the same field that the Oakland Raiders played, my favorite team. Also got to go in the locker room. Why my brother influences me is because I always seen him do his best at what he did. He made things work, and did the good in things. He was a 4.2 student in high school and was one of very few students that made on a high scholar list picked by the principle. He got an academic scholarship to Cal Poly SLO, and graduated with a major in civil engineering and now working for a big construction company down south in Santa Barbra. When I grew up I always went to his games, say him working on school work last at night, after he worked and after football practice. My first job at Home Plate was also Tyler's first job. So I am almost following his footsteps. He always wanted the best for me and wanted me to work as hard as he did while in high school. It's what a big brother wants for his little brother.

D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet.

Tresidder: The one person that I would like to meet is Bob Marley. There is one quote that he has, "Love the life you live, Live the life you love.” That one quote, and there's many great words for him, but that one quote made me think to myself and changed me. Whenever I don't want to do something, or when someone is trying to get me to do stuff, I ask myself do I want this? Do I want this in my life? With sports, work, my classes, friends, and hobbies that I do, I wouldn't be having those things in my life if I didn't love them. Like and love is a different thing. I love football, I love throwing, I love to cook and learn, I love my friends. Just likening them isn't enough to keep them in your life. Bob Marley loved music than anything in his life. Bob Marley is music. His words in his songs is all from his life. Nothing word stop him from playing reggae. I listen to alot of reggae, mostly him and some others. But there would be no reggae bands if it wasn't for Bob Marley and the Wailers. When I was watching his documentary, when I say nothing would stop him from playing reggae, I meant that literally. In Jamacia, Bob had a concert for the people because the Prime Minister was there and Jamacia was about to have their independence. Before the concert started, Bob was shot by a man that was angry and against Bobs beliefs. Bob was in pain, but he said to everyone that he will still be at his concert. Many people were waiting for him to get back from the hospital. That concert was his biggest one he ever had. The best one he ever had, and the thing that made that one the biggest, is that he sang with a bullet wound that happened just hours before. All he wanted was to play great music for the people and hope for peace in his home country and all around the world. He hoped his music would do that and that is still doing that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment