Thursday, June 4, 2015

Time out with Kristen Max (2000 Vintage High graduate)

Vince D’Adamo: What did you enjoy most about competing in athletics throughout your life?

Kristen Max: I loved everything about playing sports. The friendships and camaraderie that was involved with each team, adrenaline when stepping onto the court or field, and the discipline that I learned at such a young age.

D’Adamo: What have you been doing since graduating from high school?

Max: I lived in San Diego from 2001-2010.  I obtained my Bachelors Degree from San Diego State University in Child & Family Development.  In January 2011 I moved to Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany on an Internship through the University of Northern Iowa, working on an Army installation at the Child Development Center.  In May 2011, I joined as a permanent member working for Child, Youth and School Services.  While in Germany I joined a co-ed softball team. I can’t get away from organized sports. I have also met my better half and in August 2013 we had the pleasure of welcoming twins. Yes, I said “twins.” Hanna Marie and Rylee Jane. (Stay Tuned: Future Beach Volleyball Players)

D’Adamo: What was your favorite class at Vintage High?

Max: US History with Mr. (Dan) King.

D’Adamo: What was your favorite athletic moment at Vintage High?

Max: There were so many I couldn’t just pick one. Being a three sport athlete I have so many great memories throughout the four years.  If I had to choose one though, it would have to be when I received Senior Athlete of the Year for Vintage High 2000.  

D’Adamo: How much do you feel you have grown personally since graduating from high school and how much of that do you trace to athletics?

Max: Playing team sports since I was 8, has helped me in many ways.  It has helped me  to get
along with colleagues, leadership, mentoring and overall being a team player.  I have overcome
many obstacles, but I believe with the discipline that I placed on myself throughout the years has
carried on into my adulthood.  

D’Adamo: Within your family, who have been the most influential people?

Max: No doubt my parents. They were always there for me when I needed them.  Between pitching practice, basketball camps, volleyball & softball tournaments, I could always count on
them to pick out the right uniform. They were my rock growing up and I wouldn‘t change a
thing.  

D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports you would most like to meet.

Max: “Say Hey Kid” - Willie Mays.

No comments:

Post a Comment