Friday, November 6, 2015

Time Out with Ashley Vogen (2016 Vintage High senior)

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Ashley Vogen: What I have enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout my life is getting to know new people and having a chance to compete and watch myself improve throughout my sports seasons. There is nothing better than looking back at where you started and knowing how much better you have gotten.
D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?
Vogen: I'm not quite sure at what I'm going to do after high school as far as college is concerned but I know I am staying close and focusing on my weighting career.
D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?
Vogen: I'm not sure what I am going to choose as a major but I know my dream job would be to be a weighting coach and getting to see kids get stronger and improving in their sports from weightlifting. I would also get to be around something I love so much everyday.
D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at Vintage High?
Vogen: My favorite class at Vintage High has been leadership because I learned that you can't please everyone no matter what, and everyone has different opinions on everything. And I love being involved with everything going on at school.
D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?
Vogen: All of my family has been so supportive of me, but the most influential person to me is my dad because he is such a hard worker and wants to make sure I'm the same way, and he has been there for me with everyone of my sports and will always try to help me become better athlete and person.
D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet.
Vogen: I would love meeting Stephen curry because he is such an amazing athlete, but mostly because he is such a nice and humble person. Also who is such an inspirational person to me, that I was lucky enough to meet this year in Minnesota, is Mattie Rodgers. She is such an amazing lifter and is a very big role model for me because of how hard she works in the gym and she is not only strong physically, but strong mentally.

No comments:

Post a Comment