Saturday, November 21, 2015

Time Out with Haley Niemi (2016 American Canyon High senior)

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Haley Niemi: What I have enjoyed the most is getting to meet new people. I was home-schooled for most of my life so coming to public school I didn't know anyone. With playing sports I have gotten to meet a lot of wonderful people I wouldn't have met if I didn't play sports. It's a great way to be social and it's something you can do your whole life.
D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?
Niemi: My plans after high school are to go to college to become a nurse, and to travel around the world.
D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?
Niemi: The major I'm going to choose is Nursing. What intrigues me is the fact that I could have a job that could save someone's life. I could greatly impact their lives for the better and that's what I want to do in my life.
D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at American Canyon High?
My favorite class at American Canyon High would have to be Culinary. I have taken all three years of the class and I have greatly enjoyed every year of it.  
D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?
Niemi: The people that have been most influential in my life would have to be my parents, because they have showed me that hard work pays off. Time and time again they've shown me to keep my head up even in my darkest hour, because there's always light at the end of the tunnel.
D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet. What would intrigue you about meeting him or her?
Niemi: A historical figure I'd like to meet would be Serena Williams.  What makes me want to meet her is the fact that she works so hard to see the results she wants. She shows fans that if you work hard at something you can achieve that dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment