Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Time Out with Nate Gutierrez (American Canyon High 2016 senior)

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?

Nate Gutierrez: The thing that I have enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout my life is the thrill I get when I compete. There is nothing like strapping on the pads and going out and playing a football game, and there is nothing like lacing up the cleats and putting on the glove and playing a baseball game. It's something I’ve done all my life and hopefully something I can continue doing.

D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?

Gutierrez: My plans after high school have not been fully decided yet. I do plan on going to college, whether it be a four year or two year, and hopefully that plan involves athletics as well.

D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?

Gutierrez: The major that I might choose is criminal justice, which has always been an interest to me. I have several law enforcement officers in my family and it is something that has always caught my attention.
  
D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at American Canyon High?

Gutierrez: My favorite class at American Canyon High would probably be statistics. I have always been pretty good with numbers and it is a course that I have always found interesting.

D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?

Gutierrez: The most influential person in my family is my dad. He has gone to every single sporting event that I have ever been it and he is someone I look up to. He has not only taught me how to be a better athlete, but how to be a better person as well, and that is the reason why I am so thankful for him.

D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet.

Gutierrez: A historical figure that I would most like to meet is Ray Lewis. Growing up and seeing him play had always influenced me to play to a certain level. I’ve probably seen all of his motivational videos and they always get me going before a game. Also the reason I would like to meet him is because what he has done off the field. You see all of these videos of him violent on the field, but off the field he is a great man and an even better father.

No comments:

Post a Comment