Thursday, November 12, 2015

Time Out with Jorge Polanco (Calistoga High 2016 senior)

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Jorge Polanco: What I enjoyed most about competing in sports has to be the feeling before the game. Nothing comes close to the feeling of the butterflies before every single game. I could be either extremely confident about the game or nervous and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference, I would get into this zone and just live there till the last whistle blew.

D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?
Polanco: After high school I plan on attending a four-year university. I am uncertain where I want to go or if I want to continue playing football. Most likely I will go to Sac State and try to be a walk-on to the team.

D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?
Polanco: I'm going to study Physical Therapy, mostly in hopes I could still be around sports for the rest of my life. I also like knowing why something hurts especially after games and I feel cool when I'm able to fix or treat whatever is wrong.

D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at Calistoga High?
Polanco: Government and Econ. with Mr. (Ben) Hartelt. I enjoy the way Hartelt teaches and he always finds a way to bring whatever he is teaching to life.

D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?
Polanco: My father is the most influential person in my family. He has taught me that if I want something bad enough I will work till I achieve or get whatever it is.

D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet. What would intrigue you about meeting him or her?
Polanco: I would like to meet Patrick WIllis. He is my all time favorite players of the game he is unlike any other to ever step on that field.

No comments:

Post a Comment