Friday, January 8, 2016

Time Out with Gianna Lincoln-Pochini (2016 Calistoga High senior)

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Gianna Lincoln-Pochini: Playing sports is a way for me to get away from everything. When you step on the court of the field, everything goes away and you can just focus on one thing.
D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?
Lincoln-Pochini: After school, I'd love to go to UC Davis and study Neurology, Physiology, & Behavior.
D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?
Lincoln-Pochini: I'd want to major in that because I want to be an occupational therapist. I really want to work with kids and help people, without having to look at blood and things like that.
D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at Calistoga High?
Lincoln-Pochini: 4. My favorite class has definitely been Student Leadership (ASB). I've had the honor of being in the class all four years, having some positions of leadership, and stretching myself a lot. It's helped with leadership skills, confidence, communication, and my organization as well. My teacher Mr. (Ben) Hartelt has been a huge role model for me.  
D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?
Lincoln-Pochini: My mom, aunt, and Nonie have been extremely influential to me. Auntie Liane and Nonie are always watching over me. My mom is there for me always; she's my best friend.
D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet. What would intrigue you about meeting him or her?
Lincoln-Pochini: I would love to meet Jackie Robinson.

No comments:

Post a Comment