Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Time Out with Joey Dodson (2014 American Canyon High graduate)

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Joey Dodson: I have enjoyed competing in athletics my whole life. It's something that has got me through life whether it's competing on the field, the classroom, or even in life.

D’Adamo: What have you been up to since graduating from high school?
Dodson: Since graduating American Canyon High School in 2014, I have been going to Solano Community College where I play baseball.
D’Adamo: What was it like being part of history at American Canyon High as the school opened?
Dodson: It feels good knowing that my class was the first class to go all four years and graduate. I am very thankful to be apart of that. Not to many people get to have the opportunity that the 2014 class at American Canyon got to do.

D’Adamo: How much do you feel you have grown personally since high school and how much of that growth do you trace to athletics?

Dodson: I feel like I have grown a lot personally and it has helped me in sports also. I think with sports has helped me grow and mature into the young man I am today. Sports have taught me to always be competitive in life. There is always someone out there working harder than you and trying to be more successful.

D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?

Dodson: The most influential people in my Life would be my mom Danielle, my dad Bill, my brother Nik, and my grandmother, Patricia. They have all helped me in ways that no one else can. They are the reason for where I am today.

D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet.

Dodson: Someone I would like to meet would have to be Babe Ruth. I would want to meet him because he is and always will be a legend to the game of baseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment