Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Time Out with Julia DeVincenzi (2016 St. Helena High senior)

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?

Julia DeVincenzi: Sports have allowed me to not only test my physical and mental limits, but have also given me the opportunity to meet a lot of genuine and down to earth athletes, many of whom have become close friends.
D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?

DeVincenzi: I plan to attend a four year university, ideally in the Pacific Northwest, where I will study biology and ultimately go to medical school.
D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?

DeVincenzi: For as long as I can remember I have had a passion for science. I selected biology with a focus on anatomy because I find it to be the most interesting field as well as one that also gives me a lot of options career wise.
D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at St. Helena High?

DeVincenzi: My favorite class was, without a doubt, Mr. O’Connor’s Anatomy and Physiology class. What better way to get hands on experience in the medical field than dissecting cats.
D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?

DeVincenzi: My parents have been and will always be the most influential people in my life; they have always encouraged me to take risks and push boundaries while always reminding me to do what makes me happy. I am truly lucky to have them in my life.
D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet. What would intrigue you about meeting him or her?
DeVincenzi: If I had the choice I would absolutely love to meet Mahatma Ghandi. He was arguably one of the most courageous men to ever live, and hopefully some of his ability to spark change in society would rub off on me. He will always be a personal hero of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment