Sunday, January 3, 2016

Time Out with Joyce Aquino (2016 Calistoga High senior)

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Joyce Aquino: I enjoy competition. I love the thrill of trying to be better than the opponent. Joining athletics was a way for me to compete and grow as an individual.
D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?
Aquino: After high school, I plan on attending college, hopefully UCLA.
D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?
Aquino: I plan on going into biology, more specifically neurology and physiology. I have always been intrigued about the human body. It's also a beneficial major to take before I go into medical school.
D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at Calistoga High?
Aquino: I've always been a science and math geek, and my most favorite class I've ever taken was probably Calculus. It was definitely the most challenging class I've ever taken, but I loved the challenge.
D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?
Aquino: My father influences me the most. He's always pushed me to be the best I could be. He is the reason behind my overly competitive spirit.
D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet. What would intrigue you about meeting him or her?
Aquino: I would like to meet Elizabeth Blackwell, the first woman to graduate from a medical school. Not only is she from the same work field that I want to enter in, she is also the first woman to do so. I want to discuss how she overcame all the sexual obstacles in order to become a doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment