Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Time Out with Chloe Melka (2016 St. Helena High senior)

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Chloe Melka: What I enjoy most about competing in athletics is the friendships I build with my teammates and my coaches. I’ve learned the value of teamwork and will carry these experiences with me throughout my life.
D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?
Melka: After high school I will be attending a 4-year college, most likely Eckerd College in Florida but I’m still looking at my choices.
D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?
Melka: I’m going in undeclared but I intend to take a variety of classes to find where my passion lies. However, as of now my interests are in criminal psychology, but things may change. What intrigued me most about this was the underlying question of why “bad” people act the way they do. I read many novels like this and my favorite writer is James Patterson who writes about many crazy killers. I’m interested in what drives them to this type of violence, specifically what goes on in their brains.
D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at St. Helena High?
Melka: Obviously my favorite class is AP Psychology, but I also enjoy Science & Media and Chamber Singers.

D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?
Melka: Within my family there are many influential people. The one that comes to mind first is my aunt, Paula; she’s a social worker and helps troubled orphans better themselves and find a home. She makes little money and works long hours, which only adds to her dedication to helping kids. She is someone I truly admire and someone I aspire to be like.
D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet. What would intrigue you about meeting him or her?
Melka: I would love to meet Abraham Lincoln. I’m a major advocate for civil rights, one of my favorite books is The Help. The change he started in our country is inspiring and it would be an honor to have a conversation with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment