Thursday, November 10, 2016

Time Out with Carlos Chavarria: 2017 American Canyon High senior

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Carlos Chavarria: I love competing in the sport and I love grinding to get better at my position, but the thing I loved the most was the bond that I have created with my teammates. I can honestly say that I love those guys and I know they love me too. We have grown to be a family and we not only play the game of football because we love it, but also to play for each other.
D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?
Chavarria: My plan after high school is to go to a state or community college and major in something that will allow me to do something I've always had a passion for doing; helping people.

D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?
Chavarria: I might choose kinesiology as a major because I am very interested in the body. I've always been a pretty smart kid but I would have to say that learning about the body's anatomy and physiology is the only thing I enjoy learning anymore. It just really fascinates me.
D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at American Canyon High?
Chavarria: I have two top classes that I have enjoyed while going to high school and those classes are: Anatomy and Physiology and Sports Medicine. These are two classes that have given me a wider range of knowledge about the body and I just enjoy learning in both classes.
D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?
Chavarria: I would say that the most influential person in my family would have to be my grandmother. She truly is a person with a loving and kind soul. She has done so many good things in her lifetime and impacted a lot of lives along the way. She has also helped me when I was in need and I can honestly say that I love that woman to death.

D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet. What would intrigue you about meeting him or her?
Chavarria: I would say that a historical figure that I would like to meet is a former football player named Inky Johnson. He has not made history in the game of football but he makes history even time he gives a speech and influences the lives of others. I've never really had any good role models in my lifetime so far but I would say that he is the closest thing to it and honestly, he has impacted my life in a few different ways. He has taught me that respect is the key to everything, even though he didn't directly state this, and respect will get you far in life. He is a brilliant and influential person and I love what he stands for.


No comments:

Post a Comment