Thursday, November 3, 2016

Time Out with Lorenzo Peterson: 2017 American Canyon High senior

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?

Lorenzo Peterson: I have enjoyed the thrill and excitement of playing sports throughout my life and the friendships I have made.

D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?

Peterson: After high school I plan to  play baseball at either a junior college or a four year college. While in college I will complete the courses required for me to become a fire inspector.

D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major?

Peterson: My major in college will be Fire Science.

D’Adamo: What intrigues you about going that direction?

Peterson: I like to help people and solve problems. I will be able to look a fires and determine, how the Fire started, and where it started.  I will take classes to be a paramedic first.  Working as a paramedic will allow me to pay for college and work on my long term goal which is to be a Fire Inspector.    
D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at American Canyon High?

Peterson: My favorite subjects are Government and Economics. This class gives you information about the levels of government and their responsibility to the public and the importance of voting.  We have discussed life skills such as paying bills and budgeting.

D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?  

Peterson: The most influential person in my life would be my dad (Wayne Petersen) he is always giving me advice and food for thought.  My dad is a hard working man.  He has shown me what it takes to be a dad and husband.  

My oldest brother he always has words of encouragement and criticism.  His words helps me get through difficult times during sports and life.  

D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet. What would intrigue you about meeting him or her?  

Peterson: I would like to meet Jackie Robinson. He played many sports during a time which he was not accepted by certain people.  He was challenged  physically and emotionally.  We would talk about how to remain positive in such a negative situation.  


No comments:

Post a Comment