Friday, July 21, 2017

Time Out with Chris Meza -- 2006 Vintage High graduate


Vince D’Adamo: What did you enjoy most about competing in athletics throughout your life?

Chris Meza: I enjoyed training, preparing and developing as an athlete during the off-season; prior to competing against opposing teams. Also, being able to test your limits with some of the best brings a ton of gratification and a sense of accomplishment.

D’Adamo: What have you been doing since graduating from high school?

Meza: After graduating from high school, I went on to play football, as an offensive guard, at Foothill College (Los Altos Hills, CA) for two years, then went on to earn a football scholarship at Western Oregon University in Monmouth, Oregon. I graduated in 2011 with a B. A in Interdisciplinary Studies.

Now, married to my wife Samantha Meza, as of 2016, and employed as an After School Coordinator with the Napa County Office of Education for the last four years.

D’Adamo: What was your favorite class at Vintage High?

Meza: My favorite class at Vintage High school had to be Mr Varni's World history class. He made history so fun, captivating and enjoyable.

D’Adamo: What was your favorite athletic moment at Vintage High?

Meza: My favorite athletic moment at Vintage had to be when we beat Napa High in 2005-2006, 24-7. Vintage hadn't won in a long time and Napa had a close to perfect season that year.

D’Adamo: How much do you feel you have grown personally since graduating from high school and how much of that do you trace to athletics?

Meza: After graduating from high school, I learned that competition is everything . I began to see that you get what you put into it, whether it's athletics or academics. If you don't train/work hard; you will lose your job to the next guy in line. If you don't prepare well you will lose to your opponent. This is especially true in our occupations.

D’Adamo: Within your family, who have been the most influential people?

Meza: I would say that the most influential members of my family would be my parents, Cindy and Rob Meza. They provided so much support for us, whether that was paying my rent in college or traveling to a football game  out of state. They always made sacrifices for us, and that is unforgettable. I am blessed to have them.

D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports you would most like to meet.
Meza: Mother Teresa. She followed God and made a difference in the world. I strive to make a difference in our community/world, just like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment