Thursday, July 6, 2017

Time Out with Grant Wright -- 2013 Justin-Siena High graduate

Vince D’Adamo: What did you enjoy most about competing in athletics throughout your life?

Grant Wright: Competing in athletics changed my life to say the least. I have been competing in athletics since third grade when I joined Napa Little League. Being able to compete in athletics has been one of the greatest blessings throughout my whole life. Every sport I have played I have taken something from it. Learning how to compete at a young age has given me the opportunity to keep a competitive edge throughout life in everything I do. Whether it be with sports or a job, I will always compete.

D’Adamo: What have you been doing since graduating from high school?

Wright: I attended Justin-Siena High School in Napa, CA from 2009-2013 where I participated in football (four years), basketball (one year), and baseball (four years.) Since graduating in 2013 I went on to attend Napa Valley College where I played two years of baseball while completing my GEs. While at Napa Valley College I also worked at Browns Valley Market for three years. I then attended Chico State University where I continued to play two years of baseball and received a scholarship my senior year. We won back to back CCAA tournaments and went on to regionals both years. I now have one more year of schooling at Chico State where I am majoring in agriculture business and am currently working at Robert Biale Vineyards for the summer of 2017.

D’Adamo: What was your favorite class at Justin-Siena High?

Wright: My favorite class at Justin-Siena High School was most likely English or U.S. Government.

D’Adamo: What was your favorite athletic moment at Justin-Siena High?

Wright: My favorite athletic moment at Justin-Siena was winning the section championship for football in 2013 (senior year). Also being able to play under my dad (Scott Wright) when he was coaching varsity baseball during my sophomore year was without a doubt one of the most memorable experiences.

D’Adamo: How much do you feel you have grown personally since graduating from high school and how much of that do you trace to athletics?

Wright: I feel that I can personally trace most of my growth in life back to sports because it has molded me into the person I am today. The coaches who I have had the pleasure of playing under have also had a big role in molding me into who I am today.

D’Adamo: Within your family, who have been the most influential people?

Wright: My dad, Scott Wright, has been the most influential person in my family. He has pushed me to always work hard and give it my all. He has shown me how to always be competing in life and has helped me and guided me to be the man I am today. Seeing how hard my dad has worked his whole life makes me want to be like the man he is today.

D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports you would most like to meet.
Wright: I would love to have the opportunity to meet Madison Bumgarner, Rich Froning, or Barry Bonds.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Vince,
    First a fore most I am connecting on this interview because it was the most interesting to me. Grant is an amazing ball player and the family is dear and close to my heart. YOU GO GRANT!!!!
    Blogging is a new avenue for me. Please forgive my naivety.
    I would love the opportunity to have a conversation with you and a possible BLOG post. :-/ denisemhorn@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete