Thursday, December 22, 2016

Time Out with Austin Cia: 2017 St. Helena High senior

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Austin Cia: Throughout my life, sports have brought out my competitive side. They have taught me to be a team player, as well as a team leader when needed. What I have enjoyed most is building a bond with my friends who I have played with since the 4th grade.
D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?
Cia: After high school, I hope to attend a 4-year university. My first choice is the United States Naval Academy.
D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?
Cia: I plan on majoring in some sort of engineering, or a major related to agriculture. I enjoy being a problem-solver, and I think these majors would allow me to do that.
D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at St. Helena High?
Cia: My favorite class in high school is my zero period, BioDiesel, with Mr. O’Connor. In this class we run a biodiesel project as well as a steelhead research program in the Napa Valley Watershed.
D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?
Cia: My whole family lives in this town, so it is hard to narrow it down to one person. I think my dad has had the most influence on me. He has taught me to put my full effort into anything that I do and above all, never quit.
D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet. What would intrigue you about meeting him or her?

Cia: I would like to meet Pat Tillman. I believe he was a man of character and I would love to talk to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment