Thursday, December 29, 2016

Time Out with James "Mickey" Lippitt (1991 Justin Siena High graduate)

Vince D’Adamo: What did you enjoy most about competing in athletics throughout your life?

Mickey Lippitt: It was always my escape and protection. It did not matter what was going on in life, when I was at practice I was on an oasis.

D’Adamo: What have you been doing since graduating from high school?

Lippitt: I work in San Rafael at Morgan Stanley and live here as well.     

D’Adamo: What was your favorite class at Justin-Siena High?

Lippitt: I took a summer school class from Mr Schmitz in Algebra going into freshman year. It was a good time, I made new friends, and I enjoyed having Mr. Schmitz as my teacher. He liked me and was fair and I wanted to do well for him.

D’Adamo: What was your favorite athletic moment at Justin-Siena High?

Lippitt: Tough question but probably getting a big hit against St. Patricks’ at Dan Foley Park in a night game, Friday night, late in the season. I was a sophomore and happy to be able to be a big contributor that particular year. Our team went to the playoffs which was a first in a long time for Justin. It was a great season for my confidence as a baseball player. I also appreciated playing with all of those guys.  

D’Adamo: How much do you feel you have grown personally since graduating from high school and how much of that do you trace to athletics?

Lippitt: I have grown up a ton since high school just like all of us I am sure. Sports and baseball in particular were always my go to place so I lean on that experience I'm sure. I basically value the time that I had playing, and remembering my teammates and friends. The key value baseball teaches is that of learning to lose. That's what most people would tell you.    

D’Adamo: Within your family, who have been the most influential people?

Lippitt: Within my family it would be my grandfathers, both of them.  

D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports you would most like to meet.
Lippitt: Mother Theresa. Hard not to pick Bruce Lee, but I can't.  

No comments:

Post a Comment