Friday, December 2, 2016

Time Out with Ruben Garcia: American Canyon High 2017 senior

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Ruben Garcia: I love the establishment of athletic dominance over a competitor, growing more physicality and working as a unit with your team.
D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?
Garcia: My plan is to go to a community college, then transferring to hopefully a CSU.
D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?
Garcia: Athletic training, as an athlete undergoing injury right now, I hate to see athlete's seasons ending due to injury. It's a great shame for that to happen, so I want to contribute to the prevention/recovery to sports related injuries. Also it keeps me around the sports I love.
D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at American Canyon High?
Garcia: Probably my Sports Med class because of how useful and interesting it is, it will help me when I study athletic training in college.
D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?
Garcia: No one in my family has really influenced me, I come from a family of many different backgrounds, none of which have influenced me to do anything I aspire to be. My passion for football and athleticism in general has been developed by my own motivations.
D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet. What would intrigue you about meeting him or her?

Garcia: I'd love to meet someone like Tom Brady, someone who was always overlooked or doubted due to a lack of the flashy athletic image, but has still managed to be one of the absolute best at what he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment