Sunday, March 5, 2017

Time Out with Andre Jose (2017 American Canyon high senior)

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Andre Jose: Being challenged and seeing what I am capable of are the things I most enjoyed about playing baseball. I love the work you put in to get all these accomplishments you feel during the games.  I know that I have to push myself harder to beat that other player. I also enjoyed how you could make bonds and friendships through your teammates and coaches.
D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?
Jose: I plan on attending SFSU (San Francisco State) and transferring to Cal Poly SLO and studying Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?
Jose: I have always loved and excelled in my math classes and was always very interest in cars, putting things together and that sort of thing. My older brother is definitely a big influence on why I wanna go this direction since he is the one that got me really interested in this stuff.
D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at American Canyon High?
Jose: My favorite class at American Canyon was Jazz Band. I was in that class my sophomore and junior year and it was a really great and fun experience. Playing jazz saxophone with all these talented musicians was really fun and made me really passionate about music and a lot of other things I did in school and sports. I really learned to be more confident and expressive with myself.
D’Adamo: Within your family who has been the most influential people?
Jose: My brother and my parents are the most influential people in my life. My brother is the person who has made me interested in a lot of the things I am interested today like cars and baseball. My parents have done so much for me and I really owe it to them to be successful in life. They are very supporting parents and I'm very thankful for all the things they do for me.
D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet. What would intrigue you about meeting him or her?
Jose: I would want to meet Jose Altuve. I would want to meet him and ask how he has been so successful despite his size. I would ask for tips and ask when he realized how talented of a baseball player he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment