Sunday, March 26, 2017

Time Out with Mariano Guzman (2017 Calistoga High senior)

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Mariano Guzman: The thing I've enjoyed most about competing in athletics has definitely been making new friends and getting closer as a family. Another thing I've enjoyed the most has been the competition there is and how serious everyone is about sports.
D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?
Guzman: After high school I want to move on to Sacramento State to obtain a Bachelor’s Degree in Spanish, and hopefully try out for college sports to feel the experience of at least club teams.
D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at Calistoga High?
Guzman: I would say that my favorite class here at Calistoga High has been Spanish. It has been my favorite because not just was I in that class with my friends, but I got to learn more about Spanish and how there is more than just being able to talk Spanish.
D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?
Guzman: My dad would definitely be the one who has pushed me the most because he has always been there to tell me to not give up and what to do when things don't come out the way I want them to. He has always taught me to never give up and always keep pushing for my dreams.
D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet. What would intrigue you about meeting him or her?
Guzman: One historical figure that I would like to meet would be Andres Guardado a Mexican Soccer player currently playing in Europe. Something that intrigues me to meeting him is the way he got to where he is now which is playing in Europe after struggling back in his hometown in Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment