Friday, March 24, 2017

Time Out with Kassandra Rodriguez (2017 Calistoga High senior)

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?

Kassandra Rodriguez: What I have enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout my life is that every year is a whole new experience. You get to meet new people every year as well as learning new things and improving with other team members, but overall I enjoyed learning how to work as a team in order to achieve our goals.

D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?

Rodriguez: After high school I plan on attending Stanislaus State University and pursue my dream of a career in Computer Engineering.

D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?

Rodriguez: I plan to study Computer Engineering. I am intrigued to enter this field because I have always had a major interest in computers growing up and since we are entering a world that will soon be all computer based I feel like it’s the best fit.

D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at Calistoga High?

Rodriguez: All the classes here at Calistoga High School have been great, but I do have to say Computer Science, Science in general, and AVID have impacted me the most.  Computer Science as well as Science has really helped me open my eyes on a career I will be entering in the near feature. I have been in AVID since Seventh grade and every year I learn more and more about keeping organized and not slacking off in school because your grades reflect many things as years go by, which I am now realizing my final year of high school.

D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?

Rodriguez: Within my family I would say my sisters Vanessa, and Marcela because they remind me on a daily bases to push myself to do things I wouldn’t really do because you’re only young once and you should live without regrets.

D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet. What would intrigue you about meeting him or her?

Rodriguez: If I had the chance to meet a historical figure I would like to meet Grace Hopper. What intrigues me about wanting to meet her is that she was an American computer scientist and United States Navy rear admiral. Grace Hopper was on the first programmers of the Harvard Mark I computer and invented the first compiler for a computer programming language. She’s an inspiration to me because as a woman she was a pioneer in her field.

No comments:

Post a Comment