Friday, March 10, 2017

Time Out with Jeffery Harais (2017 American Canyon High senior)

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?

Jeffery Harais: Athletic competition is my passion in life. I love that feeling of accomplishment when my athletic ability shines. It’s a great sense of self pride to be that guy that stands out and pushes my team forward to get the win. I enjoy being a team player and standing behind a strong group of competitive individuals that have the same desires as myself. When I’m playing any game, I’m not just competing for myself, I am
competing for the people on my team and even my opponents. It’s not always about the win, but it’s important to always do your best and be your best and that’s what I want to people around me to see.

D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?

Harais: After high school I plan on attending Sierra College. My plan is to try out for the baseball team and hopefully achieve my goal of starting a career in college baseball. I am ready to take my game to the next level. After Sierra College, I plan to transfer to a 4 year institution and again play the next level of baseball. Sierra College will be a great starting point for me. I will have a couple of friends that will be attending there as well and we plan to support one another to strive academically and athletically to have a fulfilling college experience.

D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?

Harais: I might choose to get into criminology and environmental science as I wish to become a game warden. My mom used to work at Fish and Wildlife and I have grown up with hunting and fishing. There are regulations for hunting and fishing and to keep the sport fair and safe. As a game warden, I will go around and make sure that people follow the rules. Protecting the animals and fish from poachers is important to me as well as our lakes, streams and environment.

D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at American Canyon High?

Harais: Chemistry was my favorite class because of all the exciting experiments. Transferring the hard work loads into the experiment was just so entertaining to watch and do. Even though the work could get really challenging at certain points, I pushed through and eventually became more understanding and comfortable with my chemistry knowledge.

D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?

Harais: I have to say my mother. She has been so fantastic and encouraged me to strive to do better and she would do anything for me. She has missed so many vacations to come and watch me compete and that is very inspirational. She is a very hard worker that will do anything for me. I like to say that she is tough, inspiring, and joyful. One day I will be just like her and I can not wait.

D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet. What would intrigue you about meeting him or her?

Harais: I would have liked to meet Jackie Robinson. He was the first African American to play major league baseball. I would of  liked to talk to him and wondering how he got to the major leagues and what trouble did he have along the way. His story is awesome and uplifting. He had the competitive streak that no other man/girl could have. He was truly an inspirational athlete and I would have loved to meet him.

No comments:

Post a Comment