Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Time Out with J.J. Barnett (2017 American Canyon High senior)

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?

J.J. Barnett: I enjoy the competition and challenge that comes from playing sports, as well as just having fun with your team. Having fun is the most important part for me in all sports.

D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?
Barnett: My plans after high school is to get a degree and continue playing baseball hopefully at Saint Mary's College or any school that would take me.

D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?
Barnett: I am thinking of majoring in business. I would like to own a business one day.
Not sure what kind but most likely it will be sports related.

D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at American Canyon High?
Barnett: My favorite class at American Canyon High is Financial Algebra. This class is only given to seniors if they choose. This class is my favorite because it teaches you real world concepts such as paying bills, manage bank accounts, credit cards and budgeting. This are one of the things that is very important in our everyday life.

D’Adamo:  Within your family who have been the most influential people?
Barnett: Both of my parents are very influential because they push me to keep grinding everyday to get good grades and keep working hard on and off the field to become better and always be humble. Even after my surgery on my elbow they were there to support me and help me get back to pitching emotionally and financially.  

D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet. What would intrigue you about meeting him or her?

Barnett: I would want to meet Madison Bumgarner because he is one of the best MLB starting pitchers and I am also a pitcher so I want to hear the story of his life. How he started in baseball, his struggles, his training, his obstacles, what he has gone through to get to where he is now.  I want to learn from him... maybe he can teach me a pitch or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment