Sunday, August 2, 2015

Time Out with Blaize Boles (2007 Justin-Siena High graduate)

Vince D’Adamo: What did you enjoy most about competing in athletics throughout your life?

Blaize Boles: The most enjoyable part of athletics is the competition. Sports are one of the few things in life that provide us the opportunity to compete in a setting with a clear cut loser and winner. Chasing the win and dealing with defeat are sensations rarely felt outside the realm of sports. It was an awesome experience putting the game uniform on, running out of the locker room, and feeling the energy in the stands. It is something I will never forget.

D’Adamo: What have you been doing since graduating from high school?

Boles: Since graduating high school I played a couple of seasons collegiately and have since settled down and started a family. I have two children, Raine (age 6) and Brevan (age 1). I have found steady employment in the restaurant industry.

D’Adamo: What was your favorite class at Justin-Siena High?

Boles: My favorite class was senior year Government with Mr. (Tom) Bonfigli. He was also my basketball coach for four years. The class was no-nonsense and very business like. I got a kick out of how the other kids behaved in his class, suddenly they all sat up straight and paid attention.

D’Adamo: What was your favorite athletic moment at Justin-Siena High?

Boles: My favorite athletic moment was winning Bonfigli's 500th career game at home against Terra Linda. We blew it the night before against Tamalpais and Terra Linda at the time was one of the top teams in the league. That might have been the most well-rounded game we played all year.


D’Adamo: How much do you feel you have grown personally since graduating from high school and how much of that do you trace to athletics?

Boles: I have grown a great deal since high school. I now have interests outside of basketball and enjoy things I never thought I would have. In a strange way I attribute a lot of that growth to my involvement with athletics. Since I was five years old I have been on a team, and that has definitely helped my ability to interact with people from all different walks of life.

D’Adamo: Within your family, who have been the most influential people?

Boles: The biggest influences in my life are my mother, Cate, and my father, Mike. Their passion, intelligence, and humor have guided me every step of the way. I am forever indebted to them and just hope I can provide the kind of positive influence they provided me.
D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports you would most like to meet.

Boles: I would like to have met Muhammad Ali in his prime. Not only was he a phenomenal talent in the ring but he also wielded incredible influence. He was steadfast in his beliefs and did not compromise them for the sake of his career. Whether you agree with him or not, he was undeniably charismatic. It was a wild time in history and something I have found interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment