Saturday, August 22, 2015

Time Out with Mike Taylor (2001 Vintage High graduate)

Vince D’Adamo: What did you enjoy most about competing in athletics throughout
your life?

Mike Taylor: I really enjoy competing against some of the best athletes to play the game. I enjoy reflecting on the successes and failures that each game or moment has taught me about life.

D’Adamo: What have you been doing since graduating from high school?

Taylor: I started my own business out of college. After that I got into software sales and I still play Independent baseball in the Pacific Association

D’Adamo: What was your favorite class at Vintage High?

Taylor: PE with Billy Smith of course

D’Adamo: How much do you feel you have grown personally since graduating from high school and how much of that do you trace to athletics?

Taylor: I think I have grown quite a bit since high school. Although I still do youthful activities (like baseball and Disneyland). I trace everything I know now back to athletics and rely on the experiences I have had athletically for my everyday life. Just like athletics I still have a lot to learn about myself and this world we live in.

D’Adamo: Within your family, who have been the most influential people?

Taylor: Definitely my parents and my brother. Each of them give me perspectives on life that sometimes I look over. They have been a huge help with my life today.

D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports you would most like to meet.

Taylor: JFK.

No comments:

Post a Comment