Sunday, September 13, 2015

Time Out with John Wheeler (St. Helena High 2016 senior)

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
John Wheeler: Exactly that, the competition. I like to see how my training and skills compare to others my age. Also to have the responsibility of others counting on me, I like the pressure of proving myself to my teammates.
D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?
Wheeler: I plan to go into college and study enology; hopefully at Cal Poly or Davis. Then I plan to come back to the Napa Valley and become a wine-maker.
D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?
Wheeler: Wine making intrigues me because I like the farming aspect and hands on work. The wine industries will introduce me to many people and I am a very social guy so I look forward to a social career.
D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at St. Helena High?
Wheeler: My favorite class has been my viticulture class. It is one of the many great classes St. Helena offers and is great knowledge for anyone like myself who wants to further their education in this field. Also it includes a magnum glass of wine made my my fellow students and myself.
D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?
Wheeler: My Nana was my inspiration for many things. She is the reason I take baseball so serious. Before she passed away in 2011 we would spend many hours watching and talking about baseball; she would always tell me I had a specially ability and it was playing baseball. I thank her for pushing me to practice every game because she is the reason I've worked so hard.
D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet. What would intrigue you about meeting him or her?
Wheeler: I would like to meet Babe Ruth. He is the man I consider to have saved baseball after the 1919 Black Sox Scandal. I would want to ask him his favorite part of baseball is and I want to see if I can strike him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment