Thursday, September 10, 2015

Time Out with Payton Rockwood (St. Helena High senior)

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Payton Rockwood: I love competing and making friends through athletics that share similar interests and goals. I think that it is very special to be on a successful team that works hard and competes well in clutch situations.
D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?
Rockwood: After high school, I plan to attend a four-year college and pursue a career in business.
D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?
Rockwood: I'm leaning towards a business marketing major if it is offered at the school I select. I have always been fascinated by the world of business and various advertising techniques.
D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at St. Helena High?
Rockwood: AP statistics. It was fun and easy to learn and actually very obviously applicable to the real world.

D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?
Rockwood: My most influential family member was my grandfather. He was a prisoner of war in Vietnam and lived the life of a role model. He was courageous and inspiring and still has a big impact on my life.
D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet. What would intrigue you about meeting him or her?
Rockwood: I would like to meet Peyton Manning. I looked up to him as a child and we share the same name and birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment