Sunday, January 1, 2017

Time Out with Matt Buoncristiani (1990 Justin-Siena High graduate)

Vince D’Adamo: What did you enjoy most about competing in athletics throughout your life?

Matt Buoncristiani: I enjoyed the preparation, challenge, teamwork, enjoying victory, coping with losses and moving on.

D’Adamo: What have you been doing since graduating from high school?

Buoncristiani: I have become the Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Buoncristiani Winery in Napa.

D’Adamo: What was your favorite class at Justin-Siena High?

Buoncristiani: Bob Morrish and his English class. There was never a dull moment.

D’Adamo: What was your favorite athletic moment at Justin-Siena High?

Buoncristiani: A 67 yard run in fourth quarter for a touchdown against Lower Lake my junior year. It was a game we dedicated to a friend who had passed and I felt like he was there with us to celebrate a late comeback win.

D’Adamo: How much do you feel you have grown personally since graduating from high school and how much of that do you trace to athletics?

Buoncristiani: I think I have grown leaps and bounds, partially due to my immediate family (wife and kids) and I like to think the sports experiences mentioned in question one from high school and collegiate teams have attributed as well.

D’Adamo: Within your family, who have been the most influential people?

Buoncristiani: My wife and kids, they inspire me to improve, succeed, and enjoy life in both personal and business situations.

D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports you would most like to meet.
Buoncristiani: I would like to have met Walter Payton.

No comments:

Post a Comment