Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Time out with Raymond O'Brien -- 2018 Vintage High senior

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Raymond O’Brien: Being on a team full of guys that you know got your back over anything and an unbreakable brotherhood bond that will last until we are adults.
D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?
O’Brien: Get a job and continue to attend school at a junior college to further my education for a better job.
D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?
O’Brien: Major in English on Journalism, Creative writing, and Technical writing.
D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at Vintage High? What have you enjoyed about it?
O’Brien: Legacy Youth project has been the most influential class for me and has helped me go about school in a whole different way, as well as to discover new things about our areas of wealth inside and out of school.
D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people? How have they been influential?
O’Brien: My mom has been the most loving, caring , influential mother towards me and she is that person to me because everyday she tells me to keep going and to not give up because I've been knocked down several times but her words helped me get up quicker and quicker each time. Even when I put doubt in myself , she's always that person to tell me to get back up and keep fighting because the fight ain't over until you hear a bell and I haven't heard a ding.
D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet. What would intrigue you about meeting him or her?
O’Brien: I would want to meet my grandpa on my mom’s side of the family Juan Mares Herrera because he was a soldier in the Mexican-American war and fought for his country's independence and lived for awhile after and had a family with my grandma but he soon later died when I was in my mother's stomach while she was pregnant. My mom always tells me stories about him when she was younger which makes me wish I could have met him in person. But I know all of my loved ones up above are looking down on me and are cheering me on.

No comments:

Post a Comment