Saturday, September 2, 2017

Time Out with Christian Cia: 2018 St. Helena High senior

Vince D’Adamo: Whether it has been St. Helena High, Carpy Gang, St. Helena Little League, etc. what have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics?

Cia: I got into sports because I made friends by playing sports. That really got me into sports as well as just loving the game.

D’Adamo: You have also had the chance to play various sports. What have you enjoyed about that variety?

Cia: I have loved it. It’s a nice feeling to be in shape for football and then go on to the basketball court. Then when basketball is over I work hard on the track and increase my speed for the next football season.

D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?

Cia: I want to go to Santa Monica College and play football.

D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major?

Cia: Sociology.

D’Adamo: What intrigues you about going that direction?

Cia: For the football aspect, i want to test myself and see where my hard work will take me. With sociology, I’d like to see what job opportunities will open up for me.

D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at St. Helena High?

Cia: I have really liked the science classes.

D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about them?

Cia: The ones I have taken, I enjoy the freedom to pick what projects I want to work on and how it applies to the real world.

D’Adamo: Within your family, who have been the most influential people?

Cia: Probably my parents.

D’Adamo: In what ways have they been influential?

Cia: Them constantly pushing me to keep working. They really helped me when I injured my knee that if i keep working hard it’ll pay off.
D’Adamo: Between your dad (Mark), uncle (Matt), aunt (Julie) and cousins, to name a few, your family has a long lineage at St. Helena High. How has it felt for you adding to that legacy?

Cia: It feels great to be part of what my family has been doing. It has been a lot of fun.

D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, you’d most like to meet.

Cia: LeBron James.

D’Adamo: What would intrigue you about meeting him?

Cia: Because of his background and how hard he worked in high school and then to see how he went straight to the NBA is amazing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment