Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Time Out with Kane Elliott -- 2013 Vintage High graduate

Vince D’Adamo: What did you enjoy most about competing in athletics throughout your life?


Kane Elliott: As many others, I enjoyed the lifelong lessons of athletics as well as how it shaped me as an individual. The most important lesson athletics taught me was integrity and what that truly meant on and off the field as a young man. It is unbelievable how many traits and lessons carry over into the rest of your life.


D’Adamo: What have you been doing since graduating from high school?


Elliott: Since graduating high school, I went through a slippery slope of playing college football that included many battling with many lasting injuries that came with playing the sport. After that journey, I had the opportunity to intern at CTS Fitness & Performance as a young man, which has led to me eventually becoming the Director of Training. This includes training many amazing clients day in and day out, as well as working with youth athletes through our sports performance program. I also have been involved with a great non-profit organization called "Young Life" which has poured into my life beyond belief. Young Life is known for being a party with a purpose for middle school / high school kids, or better known as a faith based mentorship program. I also coach defensive backs at Vintage High School. Working with the youth has been and always will be priority for me.


D’Adamo: What was your favorite class at Vintage High?


Elliott: My favorite class at VHS was probably Physics with Chris Auld. I was not
the most ideal student and didn't enjoy the subject, however Chris' constant ability
to look past me being a knucklehead and continue to pour into my life has stuck
with me ever since.


D’Adamo: What was your favorite athletic moment at Vintage High?


Elliott: My favorite athletic moment at VHS was probably my first football game JV
year. We didn't have the most talented team, however we only had 12 guys playing
that game in 101 degree weather. This displayed the mental fortitude of our team
as well as the values our amazing coaching staff instilled in us. Although things
didn't go our way that particular game, I look back on that and think of how cool it
was to play with some tough guys that were willing to fight for each other.


D’Adamo: How much do you feel you have grown personally since graduating
from high school and how much of that do you trace to athletics?


Elliott: I am in full belief that athletics made me who I am today and I have grown
exponentially since graduating. Those memories and lessons will stick with me until
the day I die.


D’Adamo: Within your family, who have been the most influential people?


Elliott: The most influential people in my family have been my mom and dad. I
watched them make sacrifices and work their ass of their whole life simply to provide
for our family. As much stress as I caused them, they really taught me what self
emptying love was and how to love other people without an agenda. I am forever
grateful for the hardships they went through simply to give me every opportunity
they possibly could.


D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports you
would most like to meet.
Elliott: If I could meet one historical figure dead or alive, I would probably want to
meet Paul the Apostle. I just find his writings and how Jesus flipped his world upside
down very intriguing, I think meeting him and hearing about how Jesus lived out love
in his life would alter my thought process and how I should treat others.

No comments:

Post a Comment