Friday, December 11, 2015

Time Out with Dominic Collins (2016 St. Helena High senior)

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Dominic Collins: I've enjoyed the competitive aspect to athletics because they've taught me discipline and tangible communication skills. Athletics also act as an outlet to pursue my personal passions, as I hope to do when I'm an adult in the workforce full time.
D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?
Collins: I plan to attend a large four-year college after high school.
D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?
Collins: I will major in Business Administration, with a concentration in Finance, Management Information Systems, or Accounting. I'm drawn to these subjects because of my interest in quantifying assets like sports contracts and the varying nuances of business negotiations.
D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at St. Helena High?
Collins: My favorite class has been AP Statistics with Ms. Rios because she provided us with incredible resource opportunities to take advantage of in learning the material. It also coincided with my major interest in college and helped me determine what I want to do.
D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?
Collins: Within my family, while I'm forever indebted to my mother, I believe my dad has had a tremendous influence on who I am. By incorporating our almost identical interests and his life experience, he's taught me accountability and respect among the other valuable life lessons. I feel more like him everyday and he is a definite role model in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment