Monday, December 28, 2015

Time Out with Tate Battistini (2016 St. Helena High senior)

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Tate Battistini: For me, the fact that I've played sports with all the same girls since I was in little league soccer has been the best part of it all. Being able to grow up with them and experience sports and competition at the same time has really been one of the best experiences throughout it all. This last volleyball season really was bittersweet and being able to look back on the many years we have all played together has been amazing. I will never forget all the memories I've had while playing with all of them.
D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?
Battistini: After high school I plan on hopefully continuing to play volleyball in college. I've been interested in Lewis and Clark and Academy of Art University in San Francisco, and somewhere between my studies I would love to get out and travel around Europe and South America; maybe study abroad for a year or so.
D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?
Battistini: I've been deciding between a few different art majors but interior architecture and design really have my interest because I would love to some day design houses and create other various types of pieces. Along with sports, art has been one of my favorite hobbies and I am very inspired by creating things that will further inspire other individuals. Wherever I go with my career it has to be something I love doing and look forward to going to, so art remains my main focus in my college endeavors.
D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at St. Helena High?
Battistini: Art with Ms. Seyve has definitely been my favorite class at St. Helena because it has always been the class I can go to and actually chill out in. I've been taking it all four years of High school and I'm super happy I've been able to create so many pieces in it. Also it's nice to be around a teacher who has such a fired up artistic attitude towards teaching. I'm never bored in that class!
D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?
Battistini: My parents of course have always influenced me due to their never ending support and love. My dad has always been by my side and continues to be a big supporter throughout any sport or endeavor I've done. My mom does so much for our family and sometimes I have no idea how she manages to do the amount she does for all of us. Together, they inspire me to be the kind of people they are and I will always be beyond thankful for all they have done and continue to do for me.
D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet. What would intrigue you about meeting him or her?

Battistini: Louis Zamperini would definitely be a historical figure I'd like to meet. Not only was he in the Olympics as a distance runner but his story about surviving through world war 2 and being a prisoner of war is one that inspires me greatly. To be able to meet such an amazing individual like him would be crazy and I would love to hear from him about the experiences that he went through. There's only so many people as invincible and inspiring as him.

No comments:

Post a Comment