Saturday, December 19, 2015

Time Out with Nigel Center (2016 American Canyon High senior)

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Nigel Center: The grind, working harder than the next person to be the best player on the team. It's always fun to compete because you make friends in the process and these friendships last forever.
D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?
Center: I plan on going to a four-year college on a scholarship to play either football or run track and to work on getting a business degree.
D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?
Center: I would love to be either a business major or a visual designs major. I want to be a business major because one day I would love to own my own company and I say photography as a backup because I really love to take pictures and it can give me an out to go sight-seeing.
D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at American Canyon High?
Center: I think my favorite class would've been my Algebra II class in 10th grade, learned a lot and had fun in the class as well.
D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?
Center: I'd have to say my mom. I've seen her at her worst and seen her struggle and overcome it all and that influences me to be a better son, student and athlete for her. I'd also so my pops , seeing him work as hard as he does to do everything he can for the family is amazing to me and inspires me to do just that but better.
D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet.

Center: I have three actually, the first one would be Reggie Bush because he is the person who I've looked up to my entire years of playing football, I even wore No. 5 in my pop warner years just like him. The second person would be Drake because he's my favorite artist and when I listen to his music I relate to it a lot. The last would be Malcolm X, he was such a huge part of black history and after I read his bibliography it only made me want to know more about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment