Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Cole Cavalli (2015 Justin-Siena High senior)

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Cole Cavalli: What I enjoyed most was just an opportunity to play a sport that I have passion for. Going to school is something we have to do, but playing a sport is something we want to do. Going out to the baseball diamond almost everyday and playing with friends, some for almost 12 years now, is something I look forward every morning.
D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?
Cavalli: After high school I plan to attend the California Maritime Academy. I came to this decision based off of the great things I've heard about their academics, the hands-on education and the beautiful location.
D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?
Cavalli: The major I committed towards is mechanical engineering. Why I felt that major was fit for me as I enjoy math and science, as well as understanding how things work.
D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at Justin-Siena High?
Cavalli: At Justin-Siena, my favorite class would have to be my Senior Service class. In this course, a student is paired with another to find a site around Napa to provide service to. I was paired with a classmate and together we worked for an hour a day, twice a week, at a pre-school down the road (St. Johns Lutheran). It was my most enjoyable class as it gave me a break from class and an ability to help other educators and young children while making me realize how amazing and fun life outside of the classroom can be.
D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?
Cavalli: Within my own family, the most influential person in my life has been my mother. We have been living on our own for the past six years and has pushed me to do better in everything I do whether that's with my education or on the field.
D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet.
Cavalli: A historical figure I would like to meet would have to be Leonardo da Vinci. I'd like to have a conversation with him or even to work with him. Just to be in the presence of such an advanced mind would be an awesome experience for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment