Monday, April 27, 2015

Time Out with Gianna Trzesniewski (2012 Napa High graduate)

Vince D’Adamo: What did you enjoy most about competing in athletics throughout your life?


Gianna Trzesniewski: It is hard to pinpoint one aspect about athletics that I enjoy the most. Athletes are given so many opportunities to grow and succeed outside of their sport as well as in their sport. Being a part of a team that pushes you to be your best shows you how to learn and grow. Teammates can take place of your family when you need them to and they support your dreams and goals.  Personally, I think athletes grow to be individuals with a strong work ethic that invest their time in being the best.


D’Adamo: What have you been doing since graduating from high school?


Trzesniewski: Since graduating from Napa High School, I have been pursuing my business degree at California State University San Marcos. I have spent my three years here on the women’s golf team, competing for a spot on the traveling roster.


D’Adamo: What was your favorite class at Napa High?


Trzesniewski: In high school I never really found a subject that I enjoyed significantly more over the rest, I just know that my strong subjects do not include any type of math. One of my most memorable classes at Napa High was my junior year with Ms. Walker. Her English class inspired me and truly made learning fun.
D’Adamo: What was your favorite athletic moment at Napa High?


Trzesniewski: My favorite moment as an athlete at Napa High was when I won Most Improved Player two years in a row. I had put so much time into learning golf and trying to master the sport and winning an award like that, not only once, but twice was such a meaningful accomplishment. I had just started the sport and it was nice to know that my hard work didn’t go unnoticed.


D’Adamo: How much do you feel you have grown personally since graduating from high school and how much of that do you trace to athletics?


Trzesniewski: It truly amazes me how much you learn and grow when you move out and are on your own. There is so much to experience and a lot of college students get off track their first year. This is why I believe athletics is so important. My first year I had no time to party or go out. Every morning we started practice before the sun came up and we practiced and went to school until sundown. The day doesn’t end after that, you still have to make dinner and meal prep as well as do the rest of your homework. Being a college athlete teaches you so many things on how to be successful in the real world and how to have a good balance in your life. It teaches you how to mature a lot quicker than other students. I am proud of how much I have learned and grown over the last few years and can’t wait to see what else I will learn in the years to come.


D’Adamo: Within your family, who have been the most influential people?


Trzesniewski: Within my family, my parents have been the most influential people in my life. They have always supported me and my decisions and gave me a solid background to succeed. I used to take for granted where I grew up but after moving away and being exposed to so many different lifestyles I am so thankful that my parents chose this path for me. I still look to them for advice and encouragement when I need it. I would not be the individual I am today without their loving care and support.


D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports you would most like to meet.
Trzesniewski: If we are speaking just on golf terms there is no hesitation that I would be honored to meet and talk to Tiger Woods. No matter what he has done in his personal life he has an incredible golf career. I would love to meet him and discuss his training routine and how he become so successful and such an inspiration to the golf industry. Outside of golf I would love to meet Jackie Robinson. I love baseball and have studied his career in the sport and he is such an inspiration. Sports would not be what they are today without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment