Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Time Out with Michelle Lack (2015 Calistoga High senior)

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?

Michelle Lack: Sports have always been a big part of my life. What I have enjoyed the most are all the friendships created throughout playing a sport I’m passionate about. Sports allows me a time out from the daily life. As soon as I step on the court nothing else counts  more than putting all my energy into my play. Of course it’s a great feeling to celebrate a victory and to know that your hard work paid off. But even more important is to have fun and always give 110%.

D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?

Lack: I’m here in Calistoga as a Rotary exchange student. I still have two more years of high school when I return home to Switzerland. After that I plan to take a break from school for a year. I want to travel through South America to learn about the different cultures and to improve my Spanish. After travelling around for a year I want to go to college. I don’t know where I want to go, but I know I want to study one year somewhere abroad during my college time.

D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?

Lack: I’m considering either economics or law as a major. I really like the idea of becoming a lawyer but I also like the opportunities and options you have if studying economics. At the moment it’s too early for me to decide but I’m sure I will figure out the best direction for me to go.

D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at Calistoga High?

Lack: I really enjoy my drama class at Calistoga High. It is my first year in drama but I really like how different it is compared to all the other classes. Instead of taking notes and tests we’re acting on stage. I had a lot of fun in this class, especially performing in the play and knowing the audience loved it - what a great feeling.

D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?

Lack: My parents have been the most influential people in my life. They have always supported me no matter what it was. They always believed in me and pushed me to give my best effort in everything I did. They taught me not to give up and to believe in the good things in life.

D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet.

Lack: I would love to meet Martin Luther King Jr. I really admire that he risked his own life to make the life of other people something better. He didn’t only fight for his own rights but he fought for the rights of others. He was one of the most courageous people in history and he never gave up. He made our world to a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment