Thursday, April 30, 2015

Time Out with Alisyn Slinsen (2015 Justin-Siena High senior)

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Alisyn Slinsen: One of my favorite things about playing in athletics is being apart of a team. There is nothing better than the long bus rides and team bondings. I have met many of my closest friends through sports. I also love being able to go out and compete everyday. There is no better feeling than winning a league title and knowing you earned it because of how much work your teammates invested in it. There is honestly no better feeling in athletics than knowing you made your teammates proud.

D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?
Slinsen: After high school, I hope to attend either the Napa JC and continue my basketball career or Grand Canyon University.
D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?
Slinsen: I would love to major in kinesiology and pre physical therapy. I hope to end up as an athletic trainer or physical therapist for a college team.

D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at Justin-Siena High?
Slinsen: My favorite class at Justin this year is my sports medicine class. I love learning about the body and injuries. Growing up playing sports, I have sustained and witnessed many injuries and I have always been intrigued by the rehabilitation process. This class is great because there is a lot of hands on practice whether it be leaning new tapings or using the rehab equipment.

D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?
Slinsen: One of the most influential people within my family would be my brother Michael. He was a three sport athlete who understood the meaning of hard work and sacrifice. Growing up, anytime we would play games he would never let me win or go easy on me. Thanks to his tough love I have a competitive drive to always work hard.

D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet.

Slinsen: I would love to meet "Pistol" Pete Maravich because he is one of the greatest basketball players in history. He was an athlete who understood the importance of practice and repetition. He would practice for hours on end and unlike most who practice to be great, he practiced to be perfect.

2 comments:

  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aDy8BqEuyE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for story on Alisyn. Nice link on pistol pete btw. I expected to see more shooting but the great underhand passes were a treat

    ReplyDelete