Monday, April 6, 2015

Time Out with Isabel Jennings (2015 Justin-Siena High senior)


Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?
Isabel Jennings: I have enjoyed the competition itself the most. I love the action and physicality of sports, and the unmatched feeling of a win or a new personal record.
D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?
Jennings: I will not be pursuing basketball or track in college, but do plan to join intramural or a club sports team. I am considering Boston College, UC Berkeley, or University of San Diego. Not sure where I will end up yet!

D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?
Jennings: I am going in undecided, but am leaving toward sociology or international relations. I am very interested in social change and development because of the service work and government classes I was involved in throughout high school.

D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at Justin-Siena High?
Jennings: My Senior Service class has ended up to be my favorite class while at Justin-Siena. I have been able to go twice a week to Snow Elementary where I work with a third grade class. Many of these children come from low-income families or deal with other difficulties and setbacks. I loved being able to spend time with them and hopefully be a mentor to them.

D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?
Jennings: Along with my parents, who have always been very supportive, my sister has been a big influence. She and I have always pushed each other to do better, and have a constant healthy competition going over everything. She is very driven and dedicated, and I look up to her for that.
D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports, that you would most like to meet.
Jennings: Hmmm. Hard question. It would be crazy to get to meet Babe Didrikson, a multi-Olympic medalist, who broke a lot of boundaries for women in sports. She even competed against men in some events!

No comments:

Post a Comment