Thursday, April 16, 2015

Time Out with Alivia Trzesniewski (2015 Napa High senior)

Vince D’Adamo: What have you enjoyed most about competing in athletics throughout your life?

Alivia Trzesniewski: My favorite thing about competing in athletics is how many great friends I have made. Many closest friends are the people I play sports with and I love being competitive with them. Sports have taught me so many life lessons and they keep me in shape which is a plus. They have also taught me how to overcome many obstacles in my life and they have showed me how much dedication it takes to be a professional athlete, and now I have major respect for those you can do it because I know how much work and focus it takes. I would not be where I am today if it wasn’t for sports.
D’Adamo: What are your plans after high school?

Trzesniewski: I will most likely be attending Solano Junior College to continue my basketball career.
D’Adamo: What might you choose as a major? What intrigues you about going that direction?

Trzesniewski: I will attend Solano for two years and then hopefully transfer to UC Davis to continue my schooling in hopes of becoming a Veterinarian. I am not ready to stop playing basketball because has been such a huge part of my life.
D’Adamo: What has been your favorite class here at Napa High?

Trzesniewski: I don’t have a favorite class but I have a most memorable class. Junior year when I took Honors Spanish 3 is a memorable class because that’s where I met my current boyfriend. We have been dating for over a year and it’s a nice memory to look back and realize how lucky I was to be put into the same class as him.
D’Adamo: Within your family who have been the most influential people?

Trzesniewski: I’ve always looked up to my sister because she’s very smart and she is attending college on a golf scholarship. She is a very determined person and she makes me want to be better every day because she works so hard to be a better golfer every day. She taught me that hard work pays off and to never give up, even when it’s the easiest thing to do.
D’Adamo: Name a historical figure, dead or alive, in or out of sports that you would most like to meet.

Trzesniewski: I’d love to meet Stephen Curry, the Golden State Warriors point guard, because he is such an amazing player and athlete. I’d love to ask him how he got to where he is today and what obstacles he had to overcome.
          

No comments:

Post a Comment